Q: What is PSIM?
A: PSIM is software that is designed to integrate multiple unconnected security application devices and control them through one comprehensive user interface. Basically, PSIM brings your security systems together to work as one efficient unit.
Q: What does PSIM do?
A: PSIM collects and correlates events from a wide variety of security devices and information systems (video, access control sensors, analytics, networks, building systems, etc.) to empower personnel to identify and proactively resolve situations.
Q: What is the benefit of integrating PSIM into your organization?
A: Some benefits of integrating PSIM into your organization include increased control, improved situational awareness, system management, and reporting. By integrating PSIM, it allows organizations to reduce costs by improving efficiency and drastically improve security through increased system intelligence.
Q: Why does PSIM matter?
A: Most security systems are paper-trail based and they do not communicate together in one overall program. Security systems are scattered through an entire building and therefore, no one properly communicates together. PSIM turns a fragmented security system into a finely-tuned and well-organized process. Each part of the system is constantly in touch with the others, and therefore, will provide better security.
Q: What are key components of a PSIM?
A: For a PSIM software system to be complete, it needs to have these six key capabilities:
- Collection: Data from various security devices or systems is collected by an independent device management software
- Analysis: The situations are identified and prioritized by the system as it collects, examines and compares the data.
- Verification: The PSIM software quickly alerts the operator of relevant situational information.
- Resolution: The system will help the operator solve the situation by providing instructions, standard operating procedures and the tools needed to rectify the problem.
- Reporting: The PSIM will note the information and the steps taken to handle the situation. It will then assess the data for compliance reporting, training and in-depth investigative analysis.
- Audit trail: The PSIM monitors how each operator interacts with the PSIM system, calculates response time for any situation and will also note any manual changes to the security systems.
Q: Where did the need for PSIM originate?
A: The need for PSIM originated in a detention center. Their security system was made up of individual systems that did not communicate with each other, which slowed down the officers’ response time. The connectivity of the PSIM software allowed real-time reactions, which greatly increased the officers’ efficiency and safety on responding to security issues.
Q: Is PSIM cost effective?
A: PSIM systems allow for one easily end user managed solution, reducing overall cost by reducing the labor required to maintain and manage multiple system software’s. PSIM security systems are more valuable and affordable than ever. Your security solutions actually improve with the integration of PSIM, while costs decrease. Give us a call at (888) 488-2623 to quote you on our PSIM solutions today.